Conflicts should be considered part of the normal business environment. They arise because managers build teams consisting of diverse people with different abilities. This is what brings a sense of balance to the team and facilitates a synergy created by a unit that is greater than the sum of its parts. Yet even when a team is developed with productive synergy, conflict will arise.
The key to effective conflict resolution is to view it as an opportunity, not just as a sign that a problem exists within the organization. A team created with a productive synergy brings many diverse viewpoints and perspectives to a situation or problem. While conflict enters in when these perspectives clash with one another, this is the opportunity to stimulate a healthy debate around the issues and build a consensus.
Conflict Resolution presents strategies and techniques of effective conflict resolution. It helps managers to develop effective practices and strategies to deal with conflict within the workplace to improve performance and productivity.
It educates managers how to use effective tactics, strategies and techniques to identify sources of conflict, determine the causes and identify practical solutions to resolve the problem, including how to handle negative employee attitudes and behaviors, which can undermine performance. Managers are taught to overcome problems and obstacles to minimize and eliminate conflict.
Problems Conflict Resolution Addresses
What is it worth to you if you could solve one or more of the following problems?
- Either you or your managers fail to overcome problems and obstacles in the workplace
- Either you or your managers are unable to manage workplace conflict
- Either you or your managers are incapable of handling negative employees and attitudes
- Either you or your managers are unable to manage employee conflict
- Either you or your managers are unable to resolve unproductive employee behaviors
- Either you or your managers are unresponsive to employees and their problems and issues
What You Will Learn
Conflict Resolution will teach you:
- How to identify the critical factors and benefits of the conflict resolution process and its impact
- How to understand the implications and ramifications that either enhance, or diminish conflict resolution and its functions and process
- How to overcome the problems and pitfalls associated with the conflict resolution process
- How to apply effective strategies to overcoming conflict
- How to understand cause and effect relationships and their impact as a result of failing to resolve conflict issues and situations
- How to apply strategies to effectively enhance your ability to effectively resolve conflict