A leader is motivated by an inward desire to do the best they can to maximize both their employees’ efforts and overall organizational performance. While discomfort with increased scrutiny is natural, they must be able to continually persist and press forward toward their goals through adversity.
Effective leaders know they have to take a stand for necessary and essential changes if their organization is to become more competitive, develop inward strength and stability and prosper. It is the “weight” of leadership for a reason, but a necessary burden or challenge for those who see possibilities, opportunities and organizational potential.
Dealing with the Challenges of Leadership provides strategies to overcome the critical challenges to increase leadership effectiveness. It helps leaders to overcome ineffective leadership practices resulting in a failure to reach goals leading to a loss of productivity and performance.
It educates leaders how to apply effective strategies to overcome specific leadership challenges, as well as how to effectively manage and control the changing workplace environment, resulting in improved personal performance, effectiveness and productivity.
Problems Dealing with the Challenges of Leadership Addresses
What is it worth to you if you could solve one or more of the following problems?
- Either you or your managers misunderstand their leadership roles
- Either you or your managers fail to effectively lead
- Either you or your managers are unable to understand the effective qualities of leadership
- Either you or your managers are incapable of building and forging strong bonds of trust
- Either you or your managers are unable to effectively manage change
- Either you or your managers are incapable of building employee support in the workplace
- Either you or your managers fail to overcome employee resistance
- Either you or your managers are inattentive to details
What You Will Learn
Dealing with the Challenges of Leadership will teach you:
- The elements and factors that create specific leadership challenges
- How to apply effective strategies to overcome specific leadership challenges
- Effective problem solving techniques
- How to effectively manage and control the changing workplace environment
- How to overcome resistance to change
- How to productively handle conflict
- How to overcome a lack of commitment
- How to react positively to negative feedback and criticism
- How to increase long-term productivity