How to Develop Critical Thinking Skills to Solve Problems and Identify Solutions While Saving You Time and Money
Critical thinking development is a gradual process. It requires: mastering plateaus of learning as well as maintaining a serious focus on the process itself, changing personal habits of thought, which tends to be a long-range project, and extensive development time.
Within the process of critical thinking it is important to recognize what does not comprise its basic elements or components. Critical thinking is not accomplished by: saying something without carefully thinking it through, taking a guess at what one thinks “should” be done, memorizing material to analyze, discuss or examine, doing something just because it has always been done, believing something because it is what everyone else tends to believe, or arguing about something when there are no facts to back up the argument.
There are certain qualities critical thinkers possess and these characteristics tend to categorize individuals as “deep thinkers,” which separates them from more typical “basic thinkers.” Critical thinkers tend to be self-disciplined, self-directed, self-monitored and self-corrective thinkers. They raise essential or crucial questions and problems and then proceed to formulate them clearly and precisely.
Critical thinkers gather, assemble, evaluate and appraise relevant information. They come to well-reasoned deductions, conclusions and solutions, while measuring and testing them against relevant standards and criteria. They also keep an open mind within alternative systems of thought while continually recognizing and assessing their assumptions and lines of reasoning. Finally, critical thinkers communicate effectively with others in seeking out and determining solutions for challenges and problems.
Let Us Ask You This
What is it worth to you if you could solve one or more of the following problems?
- The presence of inadequate critical thinking skills in either you or your employees to solve problems and identify solutions
- Either you or your employees are unable or are experiencing difficulty adequately developing sufficient information to effectively solve problems
- Either you or your employees are incapable or are experiencing difficulty of identifying the root cause of problems and issues
- Either you or your employees are unable or are experiencing difficulty critically probing and analyzing responses and feedback
- Either you or your employees are incapable or are experiencing difficulty developing, analyzing and evaluating data and information
- Either you or your employees display an inability or are experiencing difficulty effectively applying critical thinking skills to problem solving and decision making
- Either you or your employees are unable or are experiencing difficulty critically framing problems for accurate analysis
So Think About This
- Does it seem like you are repeatedly solving the same problems without adequate resolution?
- Does it appear that either you are your employees are failing to understand what is the root cause of a problem?
- Does it appear that either you are your employees fail to uncover creative “out of the box” thinking to develop innovative solutions?
- Does it appear that either you are your employees are solving the wrong problems?
After you answer these questions, the more important question is what is this costing you in terms of time, money and productivity and can you afford it?
Here’s What You Get
Developing Critical Thinking Skills presents strategies and techniques to develop critical think skills in the workplace. It helps leaders develop, analyze and evaluate data and information through the use of critical thinking skills to improve their ability to solve problems and make better and more informed decisions.
Its unique advantage is that it educates leaders how to use critical thinking tactics, strategies and techniques to adequately develop sufficient information to critically frame problems for accurate analysis. This results in improved problem solving and decision making that increase performance and productivity.
What Would You Gain From
- The ability to effectively identify the root cause of problems and issues every time
- The capability to develop sufficient information to effectively solve problems
- The know-how to critically probe and analyze responses and feedback
- The ability to develop, analyze and evaluate data and information
- The capability to apply critical thinking skills to problem solving and decision-making
- The know-how to critically frame problems for accurate analysis
- Improved problem solving skills
Developing Critical Thinking Skills is a training guide that features eight training lessons, each presenting a unique concept, eight sets of questions to facilitate comprehension and eight individual action plans to transfer learning to the working environment. It is unique as it:
- Is tightly targeted to a focus on how to develop effective critical thinking skills
- Delivers the appropriate amount of expertise
- Focuses on critical thinking skills needed to solve problems and identify solutions
- Shares best practices in developing effective critical thinking skills
- Comes with step-by-step instructions to develop effective critical thinking skills
- Contains practical strategies, tips and techniques on how to develop effective critical thinking skills
- Is flexible in the use and application in a variety of working environments
Developing Critical Thinking Skills also can be:
- Used for standalone self-directed training for individuals
- Employed as a training and study guide for small groups
- Adapted to deliver classroom training for multiple groups
- Utilized as a discussion guide for a small group
- Used as a coaching tool to remedy poor performance or teach new skills
- Accessed as a reference tool when problems occur in the future
The use of Developing Critical Thinking Skills is most effective when the training is combined with actual information, experiences and examples shared by your employees.
Developing Critical Thinking Skills will teach you or your employees:
- The foundation of critical thinking
- How to develop, analyze and evaluate data and information through the use of critical thinking skills
- How to effectively apply critical thinking skills to problem solving and decision-making
- How to critically frame problems for accurate analysis
- The appropriate application of specific critical thinking traits
“These are questioning skills that go beyond what I learned in my Black Belt training”
—Mike McDonald, V.P. HR, Foremost Farms
So What Is This All Worth to You?
Training consultants can cost you hundreds of dollars per hour and large corporations invest tens of thousands of dollars to develop the quality of expertise presented within the Developing Critical Thinking Skills training guide. You get this valuable expertise and information at a fraction of the cost.
Without using Developing Critical Thinking Skills you could continue to waste valuable time and money, without the presence of meaningful critical thinking skills to adequately solve problems and identify meaningful solutions.
Now’s the time to work smart so you can save time and make more money for you or your employees by properly educating them in essential critical thinking skills that will increase productivity and produce more results.