The nature of most positions assumes that employees are self-managing and self-directing in the majority of their activities. The traditional role of the manager was to control and direct the employees they supervised. Effective managers now support and motivate their employees by streamlining policies and procedures and by removing internal barriers to their productivity.
Managers must understand that by removing internal barriers and streamlining procedures they make the employee’s job easier, allowing each one to focus on more productive tasks rather than diverting their energy elsewhere. In this manner, the role of the manager is to keep their employees on track and motivated to reach their peak performance.
Motivating Employees delivers effective strategies and techniques to motivate, inspire and develop enthusiasm in employees. It helps managers to motivate and improve poor employee moral resulting in ineffective performance and loss of productivity.
Managers are educated to understand that motivation is an essential component of employee retention and their role as the primary motivator of their employees, as well as the basis of effective motivation. They are taught how to apply specific motivational strategies and techniques to generate employee enthusiasm by recognizing and demonstrating their achievements to improve performance and recognition.
Problems Motivating Employees Addresses
What is it worth to you if you could solve one or more of the following problems?
- Either you or your managers are failing to recognize your employee achievements
- Either you or your managers are incapable of motivating your employees
- Either you or your managers are utilizing ineffective strategies and techniques to motivate your employees
- Either you or your managers are failing to understand the tangible aspects of motivation
- Either you or your managers are unable to understand the manager's role as the primary motivator of employees
- Either you or your managers are employing ineffective strategies and techniques to reinforce employees’ motivation
What You Will Learn
Motivating Employees will teach you:
- The basis and foundation of effective motivation
- The critical importance of employee motivation
- Why motivation plays an important role in employee retention
- Strategies and techniques to motivate your employees
- The role of employee expectations in their motivation
- The tangible aspects of motivating your employees
- Your essential role as the primary motivator of your employees
- How to take the role of cheerleader for your employees
- Strategies and techniques to reinforce your employees’ motivation