How to Deliver Effective Communication Training That Produces Results
and Positive Outcomes While Saving You Time and Money
Why search effective communications training for you or your employees when you have an entire library of tried and tested training guides available to you? The Communications Toolkit gives access to our complete suite of communications training guides that leads you and your employees step-by-step through every facet of developing effective communications.
120 Training Lessons, Discussion Points to Facilitate
Comprehension and Individual Action Plans at Your Fingertips
INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY and GET RESULTS FAST
Let Us Ask You This
What is it worth to you if you could solve one or more of the following problems?
- You or your employees are unable to critically probe and analyze responses and feedback
- Either you or your employees use ineffective questioning techniques when dealing with employees
- Either you or your employees are incapable of critically probing and analyzing employee responses and feedback
- Either you or your employees don’t know how and where to use the application of advanced questioning techniques in specific employee situations
- Either you or your managers are unable to effectively communicate to your employees
- Either you or your managers are unable to provide effective feedback to your employees
- Either you or your managers have established insufficient feedback mechanisms
- Either you or your managers allow a lack of proactive two-way communications
- Either you or your managers fail to effectively communicate goals and direction to employees
- Either you or your managers are incapable of establishing and fostering trust
So Think About This
- Do poorly defined solutions waste time and money solving the wrong problems?
- Is adequate and sufficient information obtained from your employees to identify issues and solve problems?
- When questioning employees, do the questions probe deeply enough to arrive at the root cause of a problem?
- Are you receiving adequate and complete levels of feedback from your employees?
- Are employees afraid to openly communicate with their managers?
- What problems do poor communications and misunderstandings cause in your workplace?
- How often have you been blindsided by unexpected problems?
- How often do unaddressed minor problems escalate into major and costly ones?
- Are your employees fearful and anxious about changes in the workplace?
- How does an atmosphere of mistrust impact employee morale and productivity?
- Does an atmosphere of fear and intimidation exist in your workplace?
After you answer these questions, the more important question is what is this costing you in terms of time, money and productivity and can you afford it?
What Would You Gain From
- The knowledge of how and where to employ the application of specific questioning techniques to clarify employee answers and responses
- Managers who pay attention and are responsive to their employees’ problems and issues
- Managers who control and handle employee conflict
- Managers who effectively interact with their employees
- Managers who build their employee support in the workplace
- Managers who overcome employee resistance
- Managers who established effective feedback mechanisms to employees
- Managers who enhanced proactive two-way communications between themselves and their employees
- Managers who overcome the primary barriers to effective communication
- Managers who communicate their goals and direction to employees
- Managers who can effectively communicate change to their employees
- Managers who are capable of establishing and instilling trust in their employees
The Communications Toolkit is a training guide that features forty training lessons, each presenting a unique concept, forty sets of questions to facilitate comprehension and forty individual action plans to transfer learning to the working environment. It is unique as it:
- Is tightly targeted to a focus on how to develop effective communication skills
- Delivers the appropriate amount of expertise
- Focuses on communication skills needed to solve problems and identify solutions
- Shares best practices in developing skills to effectively communicate in the workplace
- Comes with step-by-step instructions to develop skills to effectively communication in the workplace
- Contains practical strategies, tips and techniques on how to effectively communicate in the workplace in the workplace
- Is flexible in the use and application in a variety of working environments
The Communications Toolkit also can be:
- Used for standalone self-directed training for individuals
- Employed as a training and study guide for small groups
- Adapted to deliver classroom training for formal training
- Utilized as a discussion guide for small groups
- Used as a coaching tool to remedy poor performance or teach new skills
- Accessed as a reference tool when problems occur in the future
The use of The Communications Toolkit is most effective when the training is combined with actual information, experiences and examples shared by your employees.
Here’s What You Get
The five communication development training guides with the concepts taught within each of them that are part of The Communications Toolkit include:
- The foundation of effective critical thinking
- How to develop, analyze and evaluate data and information through critical thinking
- How to effectively probe and question to develop answers and information
- How to critically probe and analyze responses and feedback
- How to apply the appropriate use and application of specific questioning techniques to target the development of information
- How to use the appropriate use and application of specific questioning techniques to clarify answers and responses and uncover core issues of a problem
- The focus of effective questioning techniques when dealing with employees
- How to develop, analyze and evaluate data and information through advanced questioning techniques and methods
- How and where to use advanced questioning to develop answers and information
- How to critically probe and analyze responses and feedback from employees
- The appropriate use and application of advanced questioning techniques in specific employee situations
- The appropriate use and application of specific questioning techniques to clarify answers and responses from employees
- Strategies and techniques to develop and enhance workplace interaction and interactivity
- The expected results and outcomes of developing and sustaining workplace interaction
- How to develop employee support using interactive leadership
- Why leadership by example works
- How to deal with negative employees
- How to apply mentoring techniques to assist your employees to achieve their personal goals
- Strategies that enhance the development of effective communication
- Techniques and strategies to improve and enhance communications in the workplace
- How to apply effective strategies that enhance proactive two-way communications
- Techniques to utilize proactive communication to prevent and resolve workplace issues
- Strategies to overcome the primary barriers to effective communication
- Techniques to communicate goals and direction to employees
- Strategies to effectively communicate change
- How to implement feedback and ideas from employees
- The elements, factors and principles that define trust
- Why trust is an essential leadership characteristic
- The critical factors and benefits of establishing trust in the workplace
- How to build and forge strong bonds of trust
- Techniques and strategies that enhance the establishment of trust
- How to overcome problems and pitfalls related to issues of trust
- Common pitfalls associated with trust building in the workplace
- What to do when bonds of trust are broken
As a bonus when you purchase The Communications Toolkit we will include as a FREE Bonus to you an additional training guide: Negative Workplace Behaviors ($18.95 value) which delivers strategies to manage difficult workplace behaviors. It helps leaders to effectively deal with problematic employee attitudes resulting in a loss of productivity and performance.
Negative Workplace Behaviors will teach you or your employees:
- The sources of employee problems
- How to handle a negative employee
- How to develop an employee contract to resolve behavioral problems
- How to monitor and provide feedback to negative employees to correct behaviors
So What Is This All Worth to You?
Training consultants can cost you hundreds of dollars per hour and large corporations invest tens of thousands of dollars to develop the quality of expertise presented within The Communications Toolkit. You get this valuable expertise and information at a fraction of the cost.
Purchase The Communications Toolkit now for $72.95
and save 20% over our retail price of $90.75!
You’ll also receive our Free Bonus: Negative Workplace Behaviors, $18.95 value!
Order The Communications Toolkit Now – a $109.70 value for only $72.95!
Giving You 120 Training Lessons, Discussion Points
to Facilitate Comprehension and Individual Action Plans at Your Fingertips
Without using The Communications Toolkit you could continue to waste valuable time and money, without ability to effectively develop communication skills to adequately solve problems and identify meaningful solutions.
Now’s the time to work smart so you can save time and make more money for you or your employees by properly educating them to effectively communicate that will increase productivity and produce more results.
P.S. Don’t forget to purchase a copy The Communications Toolkit for each of your managers so they can use it for training as well as use as a reference tool to solve future problems.